Friday 24 November 2017

So Life

Life has a funny way of doing it's own thing, completely disregarding your plans.  I was planning to take myself out to dinner this evening.  It is my wedding anniversary, and I still like to mark the day we always did, by going out .  I planned to do all my Christmas prep on the three big projects.  I had coordinated my helper and purchased all the supplies.  And then I was going to an event at Bremner House.  It's a local historical site and it was going to be a first for me. I've been avoiding doing much of anything and I'm starting to see how much it is a purposeful act. Time for that to stop and I was looking forward to step one.  But life got in the way.

Not in a happy way either.  My daughter in law Amy's grandmother is seriously ill.  So I am standing in as Grandma at Miss Amy's Dayhome.  She only had two kids today, one a before and after school care and the other, a cute little 3 year old.  So it's me and Carter plus one.  Scott could not make the trip because of work, so he will be home.  It's a working weekend for him too so I will be  with Carter tomorrow and Sunday too, so no event for me.  Unless Carter will cooperate and he comes with me.  I have to talk to his dad and see what dad thinks.

I have knitting with me.  I finished the hat badly and so it is with me to redo.  I knit it too it long so the inside was pushing the outside in an odd way.  I took off 5 rows and am doing decreases faster and, with luck, it will be right. 




I have some socks to work on too, but they will be evening knitting.  Until then , think of me, chasing three year olds around and having a a good, if tiring time.

Other things can wait.  I  pray that Amy's family find peace and ease as they try to adapt to life's new challenges and the sorrow that will come their way.

No comments: