Thursday 23 November 2017

Feeling Pretty Pumped.

It doesn't look like much to an unschooled eye.



Just an amorphous blob with some weird bunchy bits.  To my eye it is really pretty grand.  I am pleased with the way the colourwork turned out.  The two different yarns worked together just as I hoped.  And the colours inside are exactly what I was aiming for.


Isn't that grand?!! 

 And this view, with the outside tucked in so I can check where I need to start decreases.  Once I get through this next gray section,  I think on the second row, possibly the third, of the next blue green section, decreases will begin.  The trick on a hat lining is to be just a smidgen shorter than the outer hat.  I suppose you could wear it inside out if you wished but then 


why would you?  And I still have plenty of yarn left for another hat using the Gradient and the Felicity and plenty of the Mule Spinner too.  From the Mule Spinner I can easily get mittens and another hat.  

I'm kind of wondering if I shouldn't be making one for me.  I do need mittens for the car, and a hat might be worthwhile too.  My drive is farther now, through quite a bit of open country and common sense says a car hat and maybe two, for emergencies might be just the ticket.  The other thing is, my large head is being used for trying on this hat. Normally I hate the way I look in hats, but I think I could wear one of these.  

Getting to this point on an earflap hat is such fun.  All along, you have to guess a bit.  Is the hat too large?  Too long?  It feels that way on the outer hat and it is so easy to doubt the process, but that outer hat has to be large enough to fit smoothly over the inner hat, which should fit reasonably snug.   On a hat like the ribbed one I completed last week, fit doesn't matter so much.  The stretchy rib carries the fit, but on a smooth hat with no ribbing, you have to be a little closer.  It is so much fun to know that the decisions you made will work out just fine.

No comments: