Wednesday 18 October 2017

Turning corners

I'm off to a slow start today.  Just a sluggish morning after a not great sleep as the wind blasted everything in its path. I am really glad that we did all the outside work earlier.  We would have been picking stuff up for miles.

I thought about staying in town yesterday for knitting, but you know what?  I am so enamoured of this lace that I decided to come back and work on it.  I wish it was workable in a group setting.  Maybe some people can, but not me.  That way, insanity lies.


First corner 


and second corner.  They look the same and the peaks are centred which is just what I hoped for. 

You know what the best part of getting a second corner done is?  It is that I can see exactly how wide the shawl is.  No more wondering, no more waiting.  It's wide.  Wider than my arms outstretched.  Which is exactly the way it needs to be if I want this to be a big cozy warm shawl that stays where it is put and can be pinned or belted into place.   

So today, onward.  I hope to get another healthy chunk of side three under my belt today.  I'm not sure how much knitting I will get in tomorrow.  It's a day where I have other things to tend to, and Friday is kiddie day, but only the short day.  If I get lots done today, and keep a steady focus on it, maybe Sunday completion?   It would be really great if I could get the shawl completed on the weekend. 

 Coffee is on and movies are in the machine and I am rarin' and ready to go.  

No comments: