Saturday 2 September 2017

Turning a Corner

After just 1 week of moderate knitting, I am halfway on the center of this shawl.


I am near the end of the first ball of yarn.  There wasn't enough to get through 18 long rows to take it to where a third lace border repeat could be added, and I did not want to end up short of yarn for the last round of lace.  By the time I get to that place, the rows will be long, long and as narrow as the edging is, it would destroy the look if I had to find another skein that did not match so well as these three skeins do.  So this is the perfect place to start decreasing.  

Even though I have only decreased 7 stitches so far, I can feel the difference in how long the rows are.  A lot of that is in my mind, but hey.  You take it where you can.

I seldom take only 1 photo of a thing.  I always count on me moving and making things blurry.  This time, I had two good shots.  Even though they were taken in the same chair, at the same angle, seconds apart, the difference in colour was really interesting.



This second reads much warmer on my computer, particularly in the photo viewer.  It has the much softer brown tones of this particular shade.  The first, on the photo viewer is very grey.  On blogger, they both read a little more to the brown side of things and are much more similar.  Interesting how digital does not mean bound in stone.

But I have turned a huge corner on this shawl, and I should get some good knitting done today and Monday.  With a little luck, the border is not that far away.

Overly optimistic?  Maybe, but why not?    

No comments: