Monday 4 September 2017

Fact.

It is just past noon and I am having my first cup of coffee.  The little people were here for another sleepover at Grandma's.  Momma is having her birthday!  

I poured a cup at 4:30 a.m. when the little people woke up with bad dreams for one and losing his sister for the other.  We tried to go back to sleep, but Cassie kept worrying she would have more bad dreams.  As long as Marcus could hear Cassie talking, he wouldn't fall asleep either.  After a couple people fell out of grandma's twin size bed, grandma gave up, put on some kids shows and poured that coffee.  Once the kids realized that grandma was in the kitchen, the thought they had better see if the coloured cherrios (Fruit Loops) were open for business.  So we took bowls without milk and munched on coloured cherrios in the living room.

Grandma's coffee stayed in her bedroom.  Rookie mistake.

I remembered it about an hour later after a few events, a diaper change and one little tiff between kiddies,  about as long as it took for the coffee to get cold and poured myself another cup.  It's ok.  I didn't drink that one either.  

But daddy came and took my wee kiddies home to celebrate momma's birthday.  And I have the rest of the day to knit and drink my coffee.  

Before the kids arrived, I had a wonderful session knitting.  I am at 110 stitches and it is really starting to go fast.  No matter how long the first part took, even on a very fast shawl as this is,  the second moves along at break neck pace.  I will be done by evening.  

Not a plan.  Not a guess.  Not just a hope.  Fact.    

Exactly one week ago since I started this shawl and I am flying!

No comments: