Wednesday 2 November 2016

A Few Things

I continued to knit on m for my Roughrider sweater.  Forgive the name, but the pattern is called Argo and I really cannot call it after a name so unrelated to me.  Not Toronto Argonauts but Saskatchewan Roughriders.  Therefore...


I love the way it looks and I sincerely hope that when I try it on, just a few minutes from now, that I remain as pleased with how it looks.

You can see my major change from the pattern.  The pattern has the sleeves entirley in stockinette stitch, but I kind of like the way it looks with garter stitch tops.  It was also the easiest way to manage the colour shift.  At the end of the garter, the colur changes.  Easy peasy.

I did have one problem though.

 This darker gray is a single.  which kind of stunned me for a few minutes.  Once I started thinking about it, I realized I bought the dark gray to use with some red, navy, green and white singles that I have for a colour work something or other. When I started knitting this sweater, I forgot that, and it changed into a 2 ply in my mind. 

I thought about ordering another cone in a 2 ply, but when it came down to it, I am in a sweater knitting mood, and I want to stay in that sweater knitting mood.  I am going to hold two strands together for the rest of the garment. 

So far so fair.  As ever, when I am working with Custom Woolen Mills Mule Spinner 2 ply or any of their yarns, I wonder why I don't knit with them more.  It is just that good.*

*If you like Kureyon, you will like this.  It has that same hand but at a much lower, albeit, less showy price.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

This is going to be gorgeous!