Wednesday 7 September 2016

The things you never thought of.

I am a pretty ordinary person, not generally given to grandiosity.  I never thought I would be one of those people who wore shawls.  I just couldn't see me putting up with the fuss.

And yet, having become a knitter, I adore shawl making and even more, shawl wearing.

Big shawls. Little shawls.  Light lacy things of fine yarn.  Plain heavy warm ones.  I adore the feel of that little bit of warmth over the top of my back.

 Shawls are instant warmth and it is a wonder we ever stopped wearing them.  Sweaters are fine, but lots of times, a shawl is the real answer to being warm.

In case you wondered, I am airing shawls today and generally making them ready for winter and heavy winter rotation.  I love this time of year.


No comments: