Thursday 18 August 2016

It's starting,

It's starting I think. You can feel it in the air.  The wind seems to whisper that there is change coming and the air overnight has a crispness and sharpness to it not felt for many months.  As an early riser, I can tell you that first thing in the morning, you need a sweater and my nightly bed wear includes a stylish pair of socks. That I say bed wear at all, is proof that it's chilly in the early morning.

Mid August marks the return of sweater weather with a vengeance.

This weekend, I am going to be all alone.  My wee ones and their folks are heading out for a weekend away so it is going to be quiet.  I intend to get that zipper in Isaac's sweater and finish up the buttonband so I can get that off to him.  I was looking at it's denim cotton goodness again, and my hands are eager to work with it.

In a perfect world, I would also be able to finish his moms sweater too, but realistically, knitting 2/3 of a sweater doesn't happen in just 2 days. 

Plus, this is the day that the new water well is being installed.  You cannot imagine how happy I am with this. We won't have water till tomorrow, that is if all goes ok with the well install, if water is hit and is a strong enough supply...and on and on. 

Wish me luck on the well, and luck on the sweater.  Two tough chores for one weekend.


No comments: