Wednesday 22 June 2016

Simple

I was off yesterday, spinning and knitting the day away.  I chose my work carefully, because I am getting a little tired of screwing up.  Simple works when you need a break from your main occupation.

So I chose holes.



I am really pleased with how this is turning out.  It is perfect for such busy colours like this.  This shawl allows the yarn you choose to do all the talking.

Yet, like a striped sock yarn, knitting this design keeps you occupied.  It seems to move along almost without working on it.  Each section between holes can be knit in one sitting, and the holes rows are easily managed in a quick 10 or 15 minute sit for just the two rows.  And then you get some lovely simple knitting and your brain is looking forward and watching for the count of rows between to be complete. 

Utterly engaging.

No comments: