Thursday 9 June 2016

Not just waiting to knit for me.

I worked on socks yesterday for a time particularly the broken seed stitch socks. I usually enjoy working these socks, but yesterday, it irritated me. I think that is because I would rather be making some new sweaters for myself, or knitting pretty shawls for myself. But I really want to finish this next sweater first. I did eventually pick up the last sweater again and you know what? It's a lot of fun.
I adore working with this yarn. I adore the colour and its smooth softness. I love the needle size, which is really funny, because I normally hate needles above a 4 mm. I am working this on 5 mm and a big part of why I love it is the drape it gives this fabric. And I love the pattern. It's genius. Pole by Joji Locatelli has just enough plain knit rows so you don't get tired of them and then inserts a clever little wedge that makes this sweater be so much more than a circle. This sweater leaves the wearer with shape and a waist from the back which most circle sweaters just don't have. And it is knitting up so fast. The sections just blast by, a little bit like knitting stripes. Perfect finale for my family sweater adventures.

No comments: