Tuesday 3 May 2016

That didn't go like I thought

Well.  What a day.  Big things happened.  Unexpected things.  Big unexpected things.

Before I started work for the day I tossed the bag with the blob.  I debated tossing the whole thing out as I prepared to move, but that felt like it would be so wasteful.  As it was, it just needed a good shake out and dusting.  I was going to tuck it back in the corner but the needles were sticking out so I gave them a couple of quick flips and twists.  And then it was done.

The blob.  It was done.  Ready to felt.

It was so unbelievable that I found myself just a touch giddy and lightheaded.  Which led to throwing it into the wash with a load of jeans.  It felted wonderfully. In one wash,  much better than in my small machine at my wee house. Apparently with big projects, big machines matter for felting.

Once it was dry I pinned the seams together to see how it looked.  Well....



You can't have everything.   Everything is pretty good and should work but for the sleeves.  The sleeves have a serious Romulan shoulder thing happening.  Still, I am so pumped that I think I can fix it.


And the spinning wheel was repaired.  All by myself. It runs so smoothly, as if it had never been broken at all.

Its been a heck of a day.  A heck of a day.

1 comment:

Christine said...

This looks so good!! I hope you can work thru the problems. The shoulders do look a little poofy or spiky, I suppose. Did you put it on while it was damp, to see if you can stretch and mold it into fitting better? We can discuss tomorrow!