The other day, I spent the afternoon going though the bins to find a couple things that I needed for my next projects. I was in search of spinning fibre and some baby yarn.
With my wheel repaired, I plan to start spinning more regularly with a friend. We did that a few years ago, at least once a week, and my work improved dramatically. I hope for the same this time round and I plan to do everything I can to make this a regular part of my week.
And then, once the search was done, I pulled up the pattern and my crochet hook and zipped up this sweet little thing.
I had to do a little modifying. My yarn is a 4 ply fingering and I could not match the gauge Dorothy got. My first attempt would have fit a giant baby or a 2year old. This is really a newborn design, so I had to make it smaller to fit.
The thing about working up baby things is you spend half the time sitting looking how cute it is. I sure did.
There is a special button I have to dig out and I need some pink ribbon and we are done. A finished object in one day and cute to boot. Not too bad.