Tuesday 10 May 2016

Awash in cute.

The other day, I spent the afternoon going though the bins to find a couple things that I needed for my next projects.  I was in search of spinning fibre and some baby yarn.

With my wheel repaired, I plan to start spinning more regularly with a friend.  We did that a few years ago, at least once a week, and my work improved dramatically.  I hope for the same this time round and I plan to do everything I can to make this a regular part of my week.

And then, once the search was done, I pulled up the pattern and my crochet hook and zipped up this sweet little thing.

It's from an old booklet Dorothy gave me many years ago, the Doreen Baby Book volume 92, pattern 206.  It was a booklet from her collection that she thought I would use more then she did.  I did make another for the boys when they were small, but not this pattern.  Dorothy made this one for me.

I had to do a little modifying.  My yarn is a 4 ply fingering and I could not match the gauge Dorothy got.  My first attempt would have fit a giant baby or a 2year old.  This is really a newborn design, so I had to make it smaller to fit.

The thing about working up baby things is you spend half the time sitting looking how cute it is.  I sure did. 

There is a special button I have to dig out and I need some pink ribbon and we are done. A finished object in one day and cute to boot.  Not too bad.