Wednesday 20 April 2016

All sorts of places

The Mary Maxim catalogue came today.  The old bastion of crafting in the wilderness has been a staple of my life in so many ways and for so many years and they are still making the things people want.

This newest catalogue has the loveliest afghan on the cover, the Dreamer Afghan.  Go ahead, take a look.  Make it big.

Now isn't that just the loveliest thing?  I am a sucker for the green and blue combination, and the way it morphs into the red/ burgundy is really quite striking.  It's lovely in a stained glass window sort of way. 

But I am not going to succumb.  The last thing I need is another afghan.

Besides, I don't really know where  my crochet hooks are.  There is safety in ignorance.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That is beautiful! I just placed my first Mary Maxim order, in hopes that I can be on their mailing list forever now too. (Just ordered some discontinued Kroy colours, nothing too exciting.)