Friday 18 September 2015

Well played

So, you know how I said I was having power outages yesterday?  Well I did.  It finally stabilized about noon.  I still don't know what the trouble was but I am going to call the office in the morning and with luck, they can tell me.  

As such things go, there were unintended consequences.  You must know that it got very cold here last night.  Touch of frost.  I could see it on my plants this afternoon.  The house was very very chilly.  It was really cold and while I did have my felted wool blanket on my bed, 

and a lightweight quilt that my mother in law made many years ago, it wasn't enough.  I should have kept my socks on, but there was a point mid way through the night when I must have been overheated (as happens to ladies of a certain age) and kicked them off.  The feather duvets are tucked away still and are not that easy to get to so there wasn't any hope of getting them out in the dark of night.  I do remember last weeks ending.  Not going there again.  

To say I was well chilled this morning is to put it mildly.  I tried to stay in bed till it was light out, but I just couldn't do that.  It was too cold.  I got up, and with the light app of my cell phone, got washed up in very cold water, and then got dressed in more layers than I can shake a stick at.  My ereader was charged and is lighted, so I read till it was light.  Then I started my day.  About noon I headed over to the kids house where my daughter in law was doing a job for me.  I stopped at the yarn store on the way (Wheel is in for repairs).  I got gas.  I got coffee.  I talked with the electrician.  I got the mail.  I did a whole bunch of stuff out and about today.  

It was only as I was putting away my supper things this evening, that I realized...

My pants are on backwards.  

They are yoga pants so it really doesn't matter much and they are stretchy, but it does explain that mometary weirdness this morning.  No one noticed or they were kind enough not to tell me.

And because it was 5 minutes to 7 p.m. and I was running late to get to stitching night with the ladies in my neighbourhood... well you can end that thought however you want, but let's just say that not a lot changed.  

Because that is how we do that at 7 p.m. when we are late for stitching.

Fridays.  Preternaturally weird.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

LOL. So funny. Recently, I realized I had been wearing my blue jean skirt backwards all summer.