Monday 21 September 2015

That is the plan.


It was a busy weekend here at Chez Needles.  I had some help though and for that I am eternally grateful.  It was tall help and it made everything so much easier than if I had tried these things alone.

I also made up a batch of laundry detergent.  Well, not detergent.  The point is, there is no detergent in it.  It is a mix of borax and soap and washing soda.  Its the old fashioned kind of laundry product and I'm pretty happy with it''s performance so far.  I was a little worried because our water here is very hard and I have no softener, but I am really pleased.  I did 3 loads and I think it works better than the commercial detergent I used.  Plus for the cost of one large container of store bought, I will have laundry soap for years. And years.

 In between stuff of the weekend, I knit.

This is the back of the bolero I am making for my mom.  It is laid out a little funky but I am very pleased with it so far.

Yes it is being knit in pieces.  I didn't mean to do that, but it just sort of happened.  It's almost long enough which is really good because I have 7 balls so the back can't reasonably take more yarn that 2 balls.  If the back takes two balls, and the fronts take 2 balls and sleeves one ball each, it leaves me with one ball for the ribbed outer edge.  That is the plan.

And with a little luck, the plan will come together.

No comments: