Tuesday 25 August 2015

Something wonderful

I am still working on my Ripstick sweater, though I haven't had to rip back at all the last few days.  I did another try on and remain just as pleased as punch.  I love how it is turning out.

I just moved o n to the last pair of skeins and have only 1 left.  It is going to have to do because I was away on the weekend and my hold till date passed on the last ball that the store was holding for me.  What I have is going to have to do.  I think it will be ok, but it is going to be very close.  After the length is reached there still are short sleeves and some finishing details.  

It will be what it will be. Even if this is not the way I like to work.

While I was away, I did stop at the lovely little Prairie Lily Knitting shop in Saskatoon.  Everytime I go there, something beguiles me and jumps into my arms.  I would show you but again, no card reader recognized by this machine.  Ah well.  Try this.  

Diamond Yarns  Noro Silk Garden, colourway 349.  Sigh. My batch seems to have more of the purply burgundy  and the grey almost heads to blue.  Truly stunning.  7 balls, so not enough for an entire sweater, but it is enough to do something wonderful with.

And that is what I am about today.  Something wonderful and new tires. Because there is always life intruding.




No comments: