Tuesday 7 July 2015

What else I have been up to

It's not like quilting is the only thing this blogger  has been up to.  In fact, other than one single day, I have pretty much ignored the beast at the back.  I am calling it that because the quilt on the frame takes up the vast majority of free floor space in my back room.

I have worked a little on the Magrathea, and I have dabbled a little in crochet on the granny square blanket.  But mostly, I have worked on socks.


 I used the Maia Spins blog tutorial for a toe up flap heel except that I did use half of the stitches.  I like the feeling of a nice full cupped heel.  I think that comes from garter stitch short row heels which fit me so perfectly.

I've been thinking a lot about heels and shapes of toes in socks lately.  And what makes things happen in lace.  Why are some lace designs stretchy and other much less so?  These are the things keeping this brain occupied the last few days.

My July plans are firming up, which is great considering that it is July.  There is some interesting stuff coming up that I am pretty excited about but that is going to have to wait till a little closer to the date.  Suffice it to say that my mind is full and my feet are firmly on the ground and I am looking forward toi today.

No comments: