Wednesday 8 July 2015

Quickly

While each individual day seems long, the weeks fly by slowly and once again speed up when you see how fast a month flies by.  I look at my stash and I wonder how on earth I will ever knit it up.

I've been thinking a lot about lace lately.   A neighbour si taking her first steps into lace after looking at some of my books.  She has fallen and fallen hard.  And I am right there behind her cheering her on.

For as much lace weight yarn I have, there have been very few lace projects.  The 3 that are on my needles right now, two are stalled and one isn't lace really, but rather a lightweight fabric. The 3 are a Bridgewater shawl, an Icarus shawl of really bright coloured yarn and my Viajante.

I do have sweaters I need to complete, but sometime very soon, I am going to knit a massive lace shawl, one of the airy light wonders that I do so admire, that inspired my stash, that lifts my imagination to new heights.

No comments: