Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Going waaaay back

About 2 years ago, I finished a Clapotis that was first begun in 2010.  Only it had a problem.

See that funny looking pointy end?  I zigged when I should have zagged.  I got so into watching the yarn running out that I completely forgot to change charts and just knit till it was a corner.  I could have been ok, but it really wasn't what I was going for.  The finished date on the page was April of 2013 and after the start of June 2013, everything just changed.  It has been hiding here and there in piles of things that needed a place ever since. I like the project, it just needed fixing.

Today, I was cleaning a pile of linens that sat on a chair in my back entry hall.  I started putzing today early, and it felt like the right day to deal with that pile.  Linens sorted and put, so now, all that was left was to deal with this.

I pulled out the point,

 and went back to the pattern, and am now knitting the last corner.  Again.  The right way.

Its amazing what happens when you actually read the pattern.  And there will be plenty of yarn left.  No worries.

And here we go.

No comments: