Monday 30 March 2015

Changing plans midstream

I stayed in at work for lunch today.  I was the only one around the office and it was lovely and quiet.  I had my lunch and then I sat back to knit.

 So I watched and knit.  The sock was just long enough above the heel to start the cuff.  My plan was to knit a 2 x 2 rib because I do like how that fits.  But somehow, this happened.

It just popped into my head and I double checked the pattern to be certain I was remembering it right and a couple of inches of toe up no purl Monkey socks were whipped up before I could blink.  Monkeys are like that.  At home, after knitting another inch on Myliu Lino,  the rest of the sock happened.  

Monkey socks are a great little pattern.  Intensely satisfying to knit, they look complicated but they are not.  Just a nice little bit of busy, to keep you engaged.  And I was!

I have knit a few of monkeys before but this is my first pair for me.  My keeper monkeys.  Toe is already cast one for sock 2.

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

I like that thought - "a nice little bit of busy"!

Brendaknits said...

How clever you are. Little monkey appearing out of nowhere.