Monday 2 March 2015

2 small things

Well, there you have it.  Two momentous things happened on the weekend.  

I made it past the end of ball one.  It took half my knitting time on Saturday but even though it seemed  it wouldn't, the first ball of yarn finally came to and end.  I won't even show ball two.  It's almost heartbreaking at the size of the thing.  But it marks half done.

I also finished a pair of socks!
I used a toe up gusseted heel for these and they are just the tiniest smidge too long.  I am debating living with them, or taking out a row or three on the foot.  I suspect, me being me, will choose to live with them.

And we played in yarn.  Oh I had a lovely time.  My daughter in law came and was working with the yarn, taking photographs, and I gave her free rein to go into any of the yarn.  There are boxes out and open that haven't seen the light of day in far too long.  It will be rectified.  

I think my plan for this week is going to be play.  I do feel as if I am in the doldrums.  I feel mildly stagnant and I can't think of anything so nice as digging in the yarn to wake my creative urges.  Its time to go through it all, sort and resort and reorganize all the boxes to get the most efficient packing.  I know there are boxes that have sweater quantities taken out and I look forward to finding room for more yarn!

 


No comments: