Monday 16 February 2015

i woke early today

and let me just say, Monday is so much better knowing I did not have to go to work.

I got up early and finished a little something I dug out in Saturday's sock yarn digging and tossing.  I am in a bit of a funk, and didn't feel like knitting much of anything, yet my fingers were crying to knit.  My brain needed to knit.

I don't know how many of you recall last years big bag of sock bits a pieces.  You know, the ends of all the sock you ever knit accumulating till they were ready to take over the world.  I knit several pairs and made a huge dint into the leftover sock yarn but I left all the bits behind once I moved houses.  There was one pair still on the needles, with sock one only part ways complete.  

When I was digging and sorting, I came across that bag and I thought now here is something kind of fun to work on, and knitting in a completely non threatening way.  Everything has a problem right now.  I must rip back the sweater, the brilliant little Icarus based shawl has a problem, and Viajante needs another ball of yarn wound.  I didn't need to do any of that kind of work.  I needed to knit.

So I knit.  

In the inimitable style of things with stripes or things where you are constantly changing yarns and you never know quite how it will be, it took no time at all.

(Please forgive scary looking appendage. Tree Trunk ankles never look gracious in socks)  

No comments: