Monday 3 November 2014

Hats and...

I woke up Saturday morning and went out early to do my errands.  I have to do this more often.  The grocery stores are empty at 8 a.m. and I ended up buying only what was on my list.  Yay me. Plus I got those peripheral things like 2 little garbage cans, and a snow shovel before all the snow shovels are gone from the store.  By purchasing the snow shovel, I have now single-handedly made sure that it won't snow till Christmas.

And then, when all the work was done, I sat down to knit.  Well not all the work.  You know how it is.

First up I knit sleeves.  hahahaha.  Yup more sleeves.  But I now have a good basic black sweater, with 3/4 sleeves.  I am so pleased that I didn't wimp out on renovating a sweater that was ok, in a yarn I loved.  Had I not really loved the yarn, it might have been different, but I am glad I stayed the course.  With the heavy collar and short sleeves, it was a wear last kind of sweater, but it has been completely transformed into a wear first sweater.  I would take a photo, but it is black and I couldn't get anything where you could see more than, yup, it is black.

What to knit next?  I decided that there has been one thing that I have been avoiding lately, and that is hats.

I need to finish a hat for Sir Isaac.  He didn't like my first try

 so I pulled it back to before I started the stripes.  I think what I am going to do is knit him one purple hat, and then knit an orange hat and a yellow and black hat and a ...well a bevy of hats.

I have one question though.

How many is a bevy?

No comments: