Thursday 30 October 2014

Books

I love books, books of all kinds.  And I have a lot of them.  I know this from the shelf building and box hauling of books that I did earlier this year. These are my knitting books.



Well, not just my knitting books.  There are also crochet books, embroidery books, miniature books.

A lot of them have been looked at lovingly, but not worked from.  Some of them were only ever bought for the pleasure of looking at, if I admit the truth fully to myself.  Its kind of like my cookbooks. 

There is another full shelf and a half that you can't see here. All cookbooks.

 Use them?  Nah.

I can live with most of the books being just for pleasure, but it sort of irks me with the knitting books.

A while ago, I decided to knit things from my books rather than buying a pattern.  for everything I want to knit, there surely is a pattern somewhere here that will be quite perfect for any imaginable yarn.

So these days, when I think about yarns that I would like to work with next, I start thinking about my books.  

I know what sweater will be next.  Its a pattern from a Lopi book.  
Darn, I can't find it this morning, and I don't remember the name.  H something.  Anyway, that is the sweater that is up next.  

But the shawl?  I haven't sorted that out. And I keep thinking of the books and all those lovely patterns in books.  That is my plan for this weekend.  To pull out some books and see what strikes my fancy in my books. Cheryl Oberle's shawl book.  Victorian Lace, Estonian Lace.  Lopi Lace, Shetland lace.  And all the bits in between.

Lovely shawls, pretty yarns, challenging knitting. Or not as the case may be.

Realistically, the knitting of this shawl won't begin till after Christmas, but still, its nice to plan.  It will be interesting to see if my choices are guided by my chilly office. 

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh I love the planning part! I envy your weekend perusing your library!