Wednesday 27 August 2014

Days end. Days beginning.

I went to bed at 9:30 p.m. last night.  That is pretty much normal for me but last night, instead of waking 2 or 3 times in the night, I slept right through to 4 a.m.  That is rare and unusual.  I put it down to finishing a Miss Marple novel and to talking with one of my kids right before bedtime.  

I can do quiet and alone during the day. In fact, I kind of like that.  I always have.  Quiet just before bed time is really hard.  That was one of the places where our days connected.  It was one of the places where we talked and planned and dreamed.  I am slowly developing strategies to get through these times.  I go down the hall and get ready for bed, turn on my movie or tv or music or whatever in my bedroom, and then go back down the hall and turn off everything in the front room, or the big back room.  It keeps some noise in the house around me.  Silly but there it is.  One small coping mechanism.  One small way to get through the day.

So this morning, and up early, I am just sitting knitting and I am planning to watch the sun come up. That doesn't sound too bad does it?

It really is the best way to start the day.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Watching a sunrise is the best way to start the day. There is nothing like it. Gd