Wednesday 2 July 2014

A little bit of knitting

I didn't get as much of anything done on the weekend, but then, I did do more of everything around here than I ever have before.  that happens when you don't have to run over to the other place all the time.  

I finished the blue hat for my Big Guy.  An inch longer and a little more ribbing.  2 inches more knitting sure makes a difference.

Then I knit on the red sweater I started so long ago.  I am still not sure what I am doing with it, and yet  I keep knitting on it.  I am seriously thinking of starting over from the top though.  Bottom up feels so aimless somehow.

Then I did a little something just for fun.  I started a Bracket Form,
another simple but interesting small shawl, by Meghan Jackson I love that long sweep and swirl.  It is so much more rewarding than a plain progressions of eyelets.

I started using a 4 mm needle and I am using a couple skeins of Adam and Eve from River City Yarns in the colourway Poppy.  The merino, cashmere and nylon blend is just splendid, a perfect match to their other premium house blend, Eden. The yarn was perfect. The needle, not so much.

 
One hot mess.  What should show up is the graceful drape of holes lowing out over the fabric, but all that you can see is mess.  

I started over with a 3.5 mm needle.
 Much much better.  I worked on it most of the afternoon, yesterday and it just keeps  getting better. 

I love it when that happens with a pattern.


No comments: