Monday 21 April 2014

A Far Away Knitting Life.

I am posting to you from the confines of the study.  I have a new desk and in another couple of days, I will have the big computer up and running.  For now, the little laptop will suffice.

The living room is pretty much set up. It just needs a good tidying and sorting of the library and the pretty things set out and about. There are still a few boxes but it feels almost like home. As son 2 said, its almost home!

The kitchen is a bit of a disaster, but if I sit still for an hour that will be taken care of.  The hardest part there was figuring out, in my mind just how and where I was going to fit stuff.  For a nice looking kitchen it has the crappiest inside the cabinets I have ever seen.  I have a pantry cabinet to build to expand my storage.  I think that is my goal for this evening.  Pantry.  Might be able to get the groceries!

I didn't knit a stitch in these last three days.  Not one single stitch.  I can feel it.  And I hate it.  I am going to take knitting with me for lunch and go and knit.  In my last job, I was close to the river and I very often would go to the park at rivers edge, to sit and knit and just get away.  It's going to be hard to find that quiet in this part of town, though somewhere out there, there will be a quiet place to park where it isn't a zoo, and where I can escape to.  It is only 15 minutes from home, so I do get home sometimes for lunch.  Still, I am on the hunt for a quiet summer place to knit at lunch.

I am looking forward to the end of the moving stuff.  I am looking forward to being done with the cleaning back at the old place as we get it ready for sale.  I feel caught between two worlds, the old one and what will be and I know that I am not the only one.  These things crowd my days and clutter my thoughts.  

I miss my quiet knitting sort of life.  I know that it is on the horizon.  I can feel it.  I can almost see it.  

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

I too don't like that 'in-between' feeling. Let's hope it passes soon.