Thursday 20 March 2014

It's that time of year

It is the time of year when I am off to the small retreat at Strawberry Creek.  

I have my knitting organized, I think.  The yarn for the blanket and a bag of bits for socks.  

This is going to be the smallest bag I have ever gone with.  I cannot take any books.  They are all packed.  I cannot share any yarns.  Packed.  Needles or other interesting things.  As of yesterday, packed.  I cannot take even take any fleece parts to share.  It is all packing.  (around my breakable goodies like my music boxes.)

I feel a little like a kid who is sneaking up to the hayloft to read on a warm summer afternoon without finishing his chores.  

There is so much left to do here and I am running out of weekends to get it all done.  I don't particularly like this soft end fuzzy stuff.  It is much easier to do when you can do it all at once, and clear it all at once.  Heck, there are a bunch of things I cannot even reach without getting some stuff out of here!

All in good time I suppose and this weekend, I will be slinking away, off to the rest and relaxation of Strawberry Creek and some good knitting.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy. GD