Sunday 1 December 2013

The wearing of the wool

Sometimes when I am sitting and not knitting, I am still thinking about knitting.  Well, OK, when I am not knitting, I am always thinking about knitting, but that is beside the point.  

This morning I was sitting looking at patterns at Ravelry, thinking about what I will knit right after Christmas.  

I have a hankering to knit these:



(note:  these are pattern photos, not my photos.  I didn't ask.  I know, I am bad.)

because, really, who wouldn't want something so lovely as these.  Sigh.  I have the yarn assembled and they will be mine.  The same colours too.  I don't usually do that and am a little embarrassed by it, but it had to be these combinations because they really are perfect.  Plus I already had the green yellow, with no idea what to do with it.  Yeah that is it.  The green one first, because...well, for no reason really, but it will be first.  Also, it will look great worn with its yellows and green in spring over a crisp white shirt.  Note to self:  Need new crisp white shirt.

And then after an hour or so of that and of scrolling through people's projects with these two patterns, I watched a little Poirot.  Then, between shows, I realized that I was petting the shawls that are on my shoulders this morning.  

Do you ever do that.  Wear something you have knit, and then find yourself stroking it through the day?  I do it a lot.  I love the feel of wool.  I love the way it feels sitting on my shoulders and I love the feel of it under my hands.  Be it sweater or shawl and sometimes even socks, like the ones I have on my feet this morning, 


I have knit some really nice wools, you know.  Really nice. 

What am I wearing this morning that pleases me?  
 and 
It is a good way to start a busy day.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Your story reminds me of one that Sally Melville told in one of her books. She realized after getting dressed that she was wearing 7 hand knit items. From hat to sweater to hand bag etc. She said it made her smile. As it would.