Monday 28 October 2013

Back to the drawing board

My daughter found a cute little hat in a recycle clothing place, and hoped I could knit a new one, just like it.

I gave it a shot.

It is a basic hat with bunny ears with an attached neck so that they stay perfectly warm.  

It worked out fine and fits nicely for the most part but it will be frogged.  Back to the drawing board.  It is too long and that bit too long causes it to gape at the sides of her face.  And since the very first thing you do is knit straight for the length of it, it has to go right back to the drawing board.  

Sigh.  I had such high hopes that I would get it in one.

2 comments:

Brendaknits said...

Very cute though.

Christine said...

I have this pattern! It's from an old Patons booklet. I will lend it to you. It is the most adorable hat ever.