Tuesday 2 July 2013

Found: Old Stuff

When you start looking at the deep archives of the morass of stuff that you collect when you have lived in a house for more than 20 years, the one thing you can be sure of is surprises.

I've been cleaning out a few things lately, just odd corners where stuff gets stuck when you mean to deal with it but just don't have time right now.  One of the corners I cleaned was my front closet.  It was getting to be a disaster area, the kind of place where the shoes and jackets come out to meet you and where the stuff does indeed fall out of when you open the door.  

There was a pair of shoes in there that fit Son 3 when he was in grade 5.  Son 3 is almost 30. I cannot for the life of me explain why I kept them except that they almost fit my feet and well, you can't throw out a perfectly good shoe.  

I also found this.

I have a feeling that I showed you this scarf before.  It was knit for my then 2 year old Son 2.  He is over 30 now and the scarf really is only long enough for a 2 year old, but I think I kept it because you never know when you need a good scarf.  

I'm not even going to try to explain Mr. Needles' jacket situation  Suffice it to say, I am not allowed to ever toss out that old stuff. They aren't jackets.  They are a collection.  I respect that.

I wouldn't be cleaning if there was anything more interesting to report such as knitting accomplishments.  With a little bit of luck, I will be back to that soon.  

Blog forecast for tomorrow?  A scintillating conversation about weeds of Alberta.  It's past time to weed in the rows and generally tidy up the garden at the farm.  

Please knitting, come back to me.  Oh knitting.  

No comments: