Monday 24 June 2013

Just a little bit of knitting.

With my hand still buggered by the carpal tunnel thing, there was not a lot of knitting that happened around here.  Sad because I really needed to knit.  I couldn't even do a whole lot of house work.  Everything was hard.  Our dinner choices were based on what I could or could not make.  If it had to be cut - not happening.  It was a long long weekend.  

I did knit the tiniest amount just to take the edge off.  Not too much though, just a wee row at a time.  Because I did not want to change gauge in things ongoing, I started something new.


It is knit with Loft from Brooklyn Tweed.    This lovely light yarn has been lingering in my stash a while.  It was a gift from a very good friend and I have been hankering to knit with it for a while.  I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted from it, but it took a long time to sort out a specific pattern.  

I had two skeins of the rich burgundy-plum and one of the soft toasted taupe.  That is rather a lot of yarn.  Loft is 275 yards per hank, and I wanted to use up all the yarn.  That seems to be a running theme with me lately.

Meandering through patterns for shawls is always fun, and consumed many hours.  I had to take a bunch out of the running because of yarn quantities, but I was very pleased with what was left.     There were enough designs on the 'left' pile that it still was a difficult choice.

What I came up with is a newer pattern from the hands of Chrissy Prange of LeftsideKnits named Granita.  The 2 to 1 yarn use ratio and the fact that it would be easily customizable to use up every scrap of this very special to me yarn made it the perfect thing.  

I'm just about to start on the very first lace section and I am already in love with this yarn.  I am pretty sure that I already love the pattern.  

Sounds just about right?  It is.

No comments: