Friday 22 March 2013

It was worse than I thought

I did go directly home after work last evening to pack.  I spent a lot of time debating which spinning tings to take along.

the really interesting thing was that I was pretty much on the money with what I had in my spinning stash.  I just didn't realize it was all one colour.

 Everything that isn't natural sheep colours is green.  Wait you say, that top small bag looks like its black.  Au contraire.

I obviously have a thing for green.

In the end, I could not decide.  I took the bag with the teal, gold and green (a Fleece Artist IIRC) and that hank like thing at the front with the softer green, burgundy and gold.

The second one is so soft but I wouldn't want to ruin it with my craptastic spinning skilz, so the Fleece Artist is my fall back spinning.  Just in case.

I was feeling really satisfied about how little I was going to carry, when I realized there were a couple of books I wanted to take along and as I packed those, I unpacked the extra skeins of yarn I had in my bag from the other day.  When I came across the white cotton yarn, I remembered that I have to come up with some puppets this weekend too.  So I dug out the yarn I will need for that, and what do you know.  Another bag.  3 small suitcase sized bags.  sigh.  

Oh well.  It is a lot of stuff and a knitterly weekend away is different than a regular weekend away.

I am off directly after work.  I hope you all have as much fun on this weekend as I plan to have.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

There is nothing wrong with an overabundance of green. Ever. And knitting weekend ALWAYS mean more stuff - just watch what I take to the cottage wevery weekend...

Brendaknits said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Have fun.