Wednesday 13 February 2013

I sure wish I could have 2.


I love this yarn.  I dug through the shelves for a second, but I was not in luck.  The light here in my office turns everything yellow, when it is really much richer, like fall on the eastern seaboard, like forests of maple and oak.  I'm just getting to a really deep rich red, almost a blood red colour.  I don't think there is a lot of that, but it is fire to the rest of these colours rain.  

I have been contemplating Noro and the choices that are made with colours as they are dying them.  You know how everybody says that in every ball of Noro there is one colour you just don't like?  Well, yes, this is true for me, but the more I work with Noro, the more I see these pale unexciting colours as relief and rest.  I wonder if that is their purpose?  That after all the rush and splendor of rich elegant colour combinations, these less vibrant, generally boring sections are a place where the eye can rest?

Is that Mr. Noro's purpose for them?

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Yes absolutely! I think the eye does need to rest!

Brendaknits said...

I. LOVE. THOSE. COLOURS.

Just glorious.