Wednesday 6 February 2013

A Busy Day

Its going to be a day of errands and this and that, all of it important but picky.  

I have to fix my shoe.  Only about 3 months old, very pricey and already having problems.  Harumph.


Then it is time to get my head into gardening mode.  You get a discount if you order before Feb 15 from my favourite seed house.



Appointments to cancel, people I must call, stuff I must pick up.  These are the daily chores of life, the grind, the makes me feel rushy rushy when you add it on top of a regular work day.  And for a change, my work is very busy right now.  (Don't worry, very busy here is snails pace for most.)

Thank heavens I have knitting.  Without knitting to settle into at the end of the day, where would I be?  

I thought that once done with Point, I would get back to the Noro sweater.  The sweater remains untouched.  I don't quite understand why.  My hands just are not interested.

I had been working on my Bridgewater Shawl, which is moving along nicely, though that center garter stitch square is a bit of a pill, and it does take some true diligence to keep it moving along.  |There is always the knowledge that at the end of the haul of the center, there is the delightful lace around the edges of it.  This is what I have been working on for the last few days.  Not a picture friendly project though.  Sort of looks the same on row 25 and row 205.

But yesterday, I picked up the another thing that ended up thrown into my bag. It was a spur of the moment toss.  I really didn't think that I'd end up working on it, but here I am.  It was my knitting last evening and my knitting this morning.  


I started this in the fall, and stopped, I know not why.  It really is a simple thing just stockinette with a yo, k2 tog edging, done is some yarn that I wasn't sure of but now am very happy to work with (Punta Kid Mohair handpaint).  It is much softer and more lustrous than I generally think a nylon and mohair yarn will be.  The kid mohair isn't at all scritchy, just soft and slippery lustrous so it has to be the good stuff from young animals.

Of course I hate the very big needles it is on.  Broomsticks, people, broomsticks. Well, not really, but they are 8 mm, well outside of my comfort zone.

I'm not sure if I feel like knitting this because I can see the end or what it is.  It isn't that I want to wear it in any special way.  I have a whole pile of shawls waiting for blocking that I feel no big rush to wear and I can't say as this is any different.  

I do know that I have been thinking a lot of my WIPs pile.  There are some things in there I really would like to get done. While I hardly class this as a WIP (too recent) I would like to finish up the last two really long languishing things, both shawls/wraps, in that basket.  Maybe that is why I feel the need to pick this up right now.  

Perhaps I am just not that into new.  Might I be turning into one of those knitters who does one thing at a time?  Scary thought.

Anyway off to my busy day.  The glue on the shoe ought to be dry enough to put the sides together, and all the other stuff will be open.  Plus there is work.  Busy busy busy.



No comments: