Friday 21 September 2012

Good Things From the East

On my way out of the subdivision this morning, I stopped at the mailbox. I had not checked it for a few days and I was hoping something would be waiting for me.  And it was.  I am so pleased to have it.   

I am the very pleased possessor of enough balls of this very pretty pink "Peony" colourway of St. Denis Boreale for a sweater.  

One day I hope to knit this, Morrigan from No Sheep for You.   With Rowan discontinuing Calmer, my search for the right yarn ended with Boreale. It should be perfect for gauge, though Calmer is a much much loftier yarn with no wool.

I know.  Heavily cabled.  Fingering weight.  I expect it to be epic.  I don't expect it to be fast.

I really hope to be able to fit one more round of Boreale purchasing obsession in  before the yarn is all gone.  I know people say there will be something good to replace it, but sometimes you just have to have the real thing, you know?


1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Miss Needles Magnum Opus