Thursday 16 August 2012

You'd think

You'd think with a baby shower a little more than a week away, that I would be rushing to finish the wee t-shirt.  

But what did I knit on?  The vest.  

Did I mention that the fabric created by Flicker  is really really nice to work with? Did I mention that it's sink your fingers into it good?  Did I even say how wonderfully it slips and zings along my needles?  It is all these things and more.  

I'm not usually that taken in by a soft yarn.  It isn't that I don't like them, but when I am at the store, it isn't what strikes my imagination.  I like to pet them just fine, but they never seem to set me off.  

When I do go for soft, it almost always has alpaca or lama in it and it isn't usually the soft that gets me.  Its the slip of the fibre.  But that isn't so apparent with this yarn.  Not till you work with it that is.  But now that I have...

Oh. Yummy.  Its squooshable.  It makes me want to curl and and surround myself in it.  I can't wait to wear it.  


No comments: