Friday 27 July 2012

Ripping back

I'll be ripping back some.
I don't like how the ribbing is working.  It just disappears.  I guess this means I will have to knit it on later or opt for a different neck edging.  I don't usually do that.  I prefer to have all the edging the same or very similar.  
I think it is the very small circumference and the cramped feel on the needles these first few rounds causing this but I know I can do better work than this. That is a pretty lousy sleeve join.
The underam seam.  I like this part. Nice and tidy and crisp.  Exactly what I want it to be.
But overall, I love the way it looks. Sweet.  


Today is a most momentous occasion.  I have decided, in a move so unlike myself, to join the Ravellenic Games.  I am competing in Baby Dressage and Synchronized Stash Busting.  
My project should be obvious after yesterdays mini revelation.  Baby Jeans from the Knitty pattern Blu.  The yarn is True Blue from Elle, a South African yarn distributor IIRC, one in a dark indigo and the other, with just the tiniest bit of bling in it, a medium to light indigo.  Both will shrink exactly like real jeans so I will knit them just a little bigger and longer than I want them to be for a perfect fit. And according to what I have read on Ravelry, I want to knit just a little more diaper space in the behind.

Everything will be from the stash of stuff I have at home.  The yarn was purchased from Elann in 2010 so it easily meets the time in stash criteria.  I will be using some near vintage DMC floss to do all the nifty little trim stuff, and there will be a patch of leather from a jacket that my dad wore in the 70's.  Here at Chez Needles, the stash of oddities is dark and deep.

I debated using my oldest needles for this, but no.  Not even for Olympics glory will I go that far.  I will use my several years old 3.5 mm Knitpicks.  I would much rather use my Clicks, but they are just a little too new if you are taking stash busting all the way.

Swatch?  Nope.  I'm living dangerously and going in with only light training.  Besides, how far out could I be?  (You know I am going to get into trouble for saying this, don't you)  I should be close.

If it is the usual Friday quiet around here, I will take my coffee break at 2 and will cast on in the Edmonton virtual mass cast on.  I am ready to go. Start your engines...


Oh wait.  Wrong sport.



No comments: