Thursday 3 May 2012

Sssssh, I'm being a bad employee

I'm posting this from work so it has to be quick.  There won't be photos because I forgot the camera at home.  I'm waiting for the big guy, son 2, to come and try his sweater on, before I finish it, and I have been knitting on a few things that have been hanging around for a while.

One of them is a bag of cotton yarn, Carezza, that I have started something with at least 4 times already.  I started it as a lace sweater.  I started it as a nice cotton Adeline and as a cardigan, and now, I am starting it all over with the correct proportions for a cardigan.  Starting over for the 4th and final time.  

This time my numbers are better.  I'm working it top down with simultaneous set in sleeves and I am about 4 rows into the sleeve.  

I wasn't sure what I wanted it to be. It would make a great Hey Teach , but I don't think that sweater with it empire-ish lines would work well for me.  Then I thought about that lovely lace confection in little Red in The City, the Laika (go down and click to embiggen) but do you know what?  I don't really care what it wants to be.  I need it to be one thing and one thing only.

Just a plain ordinary cardigan to replace the casual look of my jean shirt jacket that just is not fit to wear in public any more.  

So that is what this is going to be.  Plain.  Ordinary.  Just stockinette.  Kind of denim like. Probably going to have an elongated U shaped neckline. Or not.  I guess I will decided that as I knit.  

So it is off I go again on my simple knitting without a pattern travels.  Bon Voyage to sweater land!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I wear my very plain, stockinette stitch, nothing fancy sweater probably more than any other. THere's nothing wrong with plain, just as the fancy stuff has a niche as well.

Brendaknits said...

I often hope for 'third time's the charm' - but that isn't working for you. Plain, top-down, calssic jens cardi? have you tried any of the patterns from Button Up Your Top Down?