Thursday 19 April 2012

The sock thing is over. Really

Yesterday morning found me sitting here with these on my hands.

It is a rare thing when 3 sets of sock needles are free and clear in this house.  

The results of digging in my stash, just a quick skim of the top layer, yielded these

Definitely colour happening. Soothes a soul ready for spring when spring is a little sluggish in coming.

I couldn't leave all those needles bare, so I cast on and knit this.

Very pleasing.  Strong clear stripes but the little dabs of the green keep it calm and sensible.  The yarn is Online Canadian Colours and a good sturdy plain sock, yet another poartially complete sock.

I didn't take it along to knitting last evening, working instead on another little something sweet.

This is the second contender for the shawl for my work friend. It didnt make the cut, but I will finish it for me.  I started it out of a laceweight from a local handdyer, Dandelionfluff. She does some reallly nice things as you can see.

This is a merino laceweight, held double, and what appeared to be a very brown skein, is turning out to be a really lovely combination of  gold, soft gray blue, rich purple.  It is just the nicest colour and quite unexpected from what appeared to be plain brown.  

Currently the pattern is Multnomah, but it may not stay that way.  I might change out the edging.  I haven't quite decided.  This is such a good basic shape for shawl construction.

You will notice that I did not mention the sweater.  I have it with me at all times, but I am ignoring it.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

empty sock needles create a void in the universe and must be filled immediately.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it...