Monday 2 April 2012

Is 4 a bevy?

When you travel on a weekend, and you are not the driver, you get a lot of time to knit. Considering the impending doom to my sock drawer, the only knitting I took along was sock knitting.


 I finished the orange purpley-brown red ones first.  They are nice socks, but though they were just fine to knit, that sort of striping is never as much fun as something really stripey.

Then I finished the lone red sock.  It was short and just needed the cuff completed.  I do have one more sock  to knit for the pair, but its is a really short tennis type sock.  It shouldn't take long to do.  Rather than starting that second red sock, it was time for more fun than plain red. Its a nice red but still, time to move on.

So I worked on yet another started pair, the really striped red, white and blue pair.  I love these with their almost farmer, almost nautical, perfectly fun look.  Sock one completed on that pair, and sock 2 well on the way.

Note the colour theme?  Red seems to be my spring thing.

Once I finish the striped sock, red shortie notwithstanding, I will put them together with the previously completed pairs
and will sit and have a heel day.  Or maybe I will have heel lunches.

A heel a meal?  Perhaps.

2 comments:

Brendaknits said...

4? - don't I count 5?

Sandra said...

you and I are so alike - socks with afterthought heels piling up, needing heels. I have a bagful. And socks are my go to for car knitting - easy to do, and I can have a conversation with the driver.