Monday 16 April 2012

I know its time

I know it's time to behave, to pull up my big girl panties and get on with it.  

But first



I have to do the sweater.  He really has been very patient.  

So back to the sweater.  I reworked the body of the sweater to soften the fabric and get a gauge that would work a little better.  Negative ease is not the look you want in a casual man's sweater.  

Then I started the first sleeve.  That is where I am now.  Back for a third go at the sleeve.  The first time it was just too firm, the second too loose.  The third time?  Just right. (I hope)

Oh heaven's, I'm starting to sound like Goldilocks.  

I think before I go to bed, that I will take a break and dig in the sock yarn stash just to find something pretty and bright and crazy.  It will the perfect antidote to a rather simple sweater sleeve.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Goldie! How's the porridge?
I always have a sock on the go - or sometimes two if the the first one is a boring colour. THey are my travela nd car and waiting line knitting, while a larger project like a sweater is my "at-home" knitting. Sometimes you need the colour break.

Brendaknits said...

Hey Goldie, Just getting caught up on blog reading. I love your Multonomah. Those shawls with mostly garter stitch and a bit of fanciness at the edge are my kind of knitting. BTW - I vote for Hemlock Ring for your Big Ball of yarn. What a fun gift.