Wednesday 14 March 2012

Yesterday

When I tried to post yesterday, my internet went down.  Not my router, which is usually where the problem lies, but my internet signal.  Realistically, I know that it wasn't me, but when that happens, for just a few minutes, I felt like I broke it for the whole world.  ;)  Not that I had anything important to say, mind, but it was disconcerting. 

The sweater continues apace and my little diversion is done
and now I don't quite know what to knit next.  It never fails that when I am closing in on a project being done (and the sweater is closing in on being done), my mind wanders to what is coming next.  

I know there are a thousand things I would like to knit, and there are a few things I should knit, but I am not sure if I want to do any of them right now.  

I know I talked about Undercurrent, but it is the same colour palette as every other big project I have knit on this year, the brown gray natural.  I worry I will quite simply tire of the colour midway through and there I will sit with no sweater and no gumption to finish.  I hate that.

I should probably knit a couple summer weight sweaters and work down some of the massive pile of non-wools that I have.  I started a couple things this past year, but they went no where.  I have the yarn all wound and ready for my Bacardi sweater, just need to knit the swatch.  I have some really gorgeous yarns that I swatched last summer, but none of them are what is on my mind right now.  None of them appeal to my fingers.  

And yet they all appeal to my fingers.  I might swatch.  Swatching really isn't starting is it?  I mean it isn't committing myself to something just yet.  

Or would it mean I have just that many more unused swatches on the swatch board?  

I think that means this week is going to be a sock week.



No comments: