Monday 26 March 2012

On Coming Home

I did have a wonderful weekend, and then, as ever, one must return home.

A surprise awaited me!

Several weeks ago, I ordered a few more things from St. Denis Yarns. I love Veronique Avery's yarns and St. Denis is one of the few online places that has all the B & L lines.  The 2 yarn lines are the perfect match.  One woollen, one worsted, both utterly good.  

Ordering from St. Denis is always a pleasure.  

I wanted 3 more skeins of B&L sport in Sheeps grey.  I wasn't too worried about dyelot matching.  There are ways I can work around it.  On opening the package, what did I find?  A dyelot match for the 2 skeins I already had.  Nice job St. Denis!

I also tried another colour of Boreale blue.  There is a back story to the blue thing.

A long time ago, I bought some very pretty blue beads.  

It is like having a little vial full of ice.  The problem is that most blues are pastel blues.  These beads are not pastel.  They have tones of soft lavender blue and icy white.  (Lavender blue dilly dilly)  Up until now, the closest I have come to the right blue is a single skein of Drops Mohair Silk and I really really didn't want to have to use them on mohair.  It just was not what I had in mind.

Last time I found an excuse to order from St. Denis, I ordered chalk blue.  I had high hopes, but no.  Chalk still had a soft pastel blue cast.  It is a lovely colour, but it was not quite what I needed.  

This time I tried Aurora. 

 Isn't that just the prettiest soft icy blue combination ever?

I am content.  Coming home was very, very good.  Now if only I can remember the pattern that set me on this icy blue path.

3 comments:

Christine said...

This is me clicking the [LOVE] button for that yarn and bead combination!

Sandra said...

that's a pretty perfect colour match...

Brendaknits said...

Hee Hee LOL. I've got the beads, I've got the yarn now what the heck pattern was I going to do? So funny.