Monday 26 March 2012

Friday had no post so I could play on Saturday

I wanted to do a post on Friday, but somewhere along the line, I slept in a little late, my laundry wasn't dry and all the extra time I had was spent coming up with decent weekend clothes.  I needed something decent for public because I was off to a knitting retreat.  And excuse with a treat at the end!

We had a lovely time.  It was a small group at a very quiet place not too far from the city.  A beautiful big old log house full of knitters and spinners made for a lovely weekend.

What a lovely place.  
At every turn there were quiet little sitting areas.

Even the nooks had crannies.
There was a beautiful library
With knitting books!  Well, not really but The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder does have a few pictures of knitting and Ma does knit a lot as it is mentioned in almost every book.  The library was like visiting all the books of my past.
 There was a quiet presentation area, separated from the main room by a gorgeous massive fireplace.
There were stunning views
and views of stunning knitters

and more.  The spinners were out in full force.  4 wheels, 3 different kinds and multiple spindles.  

We were supported by a wonderful staff and fantastic cook.  She and her assistant took such great care of us.  

It wasn't the sort of retreat where time was filled with classes.  It was just a quiet get away among like minded people.  We showed off our current projects and past projects and talked knitting and life and spinning and knitting again.

I can confidently say, in the manner of my forebearers, in that very small town, just a column in a newspaper sort of way, a good time was had by all.

3 comments:

Brendaknits said...

It looks wonderful and I can only imagine how much fun you had. Lucky you.

Sigrun said...

I do soooo want to attend something like that. Hope to learn of something in the fall... Can't ever get away during greenhouse season. Will I see you tomorrow? Can't stay long--appointment in the Fort at 3:45.

Anonymous said...

Lovely setting. Sounds like a lovely weekend. GD