Thursday 1 December 2011

Interesting Times

All summer long, I spun with a friend at the library.  Without that, My spinning efforts would have taken years to finish and I would still be handmade yarnless.

I don't have a lot but I do have this:

This bobbin is almost full and there will be one more to ply up before I am done.  

This is the same sinlges I showed once or twice before, now plied and soon ready for knitting.  I'm aiming for a post Christmas finish for it.  I would plan to knit it but I am not sure that it will be something I will want to work with. Time will tell, and I have fallen in and out of love with yarns before.  Who knows what will be.

I'm still not really in love with the colours.  I never was, though there were times, as my spinning friend well knows, when I liked it better  and times when I liked it less.  This morning?  Less.

Let this be a lesson in why one really must love the colours you spin and why I can't look at  fibre in the same way I look at yarn.  

Still it is my first big spinning project.  My first attempt at really fine singles and soon, my first yarn that there will be enough to do something with.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the warm earthy colors as I see them from here. GD

Brendaknits said...

Those are MY colours. I LOVE them.