Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Plan

Well the plan worked.  

Within a minute of familiarizing myself with where things were in the store, I knew I would not go home with yarn.  They did not have the colour I hoped for.

Within a minute of knowing that, I knew that I wouldn't be able to stick to the plan.  I played with such lovely yarn yesterday.  I spent the morning pricing and sorting and getting the yarns ready for the shelves for both stores.  In the afternoon, I worked with students till 4 pm and then priced to the end of the day.  

When I say to the end of the day, I mean right to the end of the day.  I did not have a single moment to even cruise the store, looking for something interesting, or beguiling or even checking out how much of a particular colour of Remix they had in stock.    

So, I came home with no yarn.  I stuck to my plan through no fault and with no resolve of my own and I kind of regret that.  

I mean, they have Madelinetosh Vintage in stock.  They have a whole bunch of new colours and fiber qualities of Iris Schreier's glorious Artyarns in stock.  I didn't even get to touch any of it. Not even a single squeeze. 

Well I did brush the Art Yarns once in passing, but just once.  Not hardly a real touch at all. Barely a fondle.   

It was most unfair. 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

MOST unfair!

Anonymous said...

Three Gold Stars! GD