I should have linked to the video or better yet...
What I did was merely add the garment to the step where you are making the zipper knittable. If I had not already had the bands done, I would have approached it differently. The second side goes in today. I dearly hope I can repeat the sterling experience and results from the first side.
The whole thing is very neat and is going to be the way I install zippers from here on in.
I did get some socks done and worked on yet another pair on the weekend. They are still in a bag in the front entrance. I am entirely to lazy to go get them for photos now. I'll get to them later.