It doesn't look like much in the picture but lying flat in its, dampish state, it hardly looks like a sweater.
What an adventure knitting it, though. I followed EZ's design for set in sleeves and knit them simultaneously. I did adjust a few things.
EZ worked off percentages, but since I had no idea and could only take a wild guess at the number of stitches before I started working sleeves together, I fudged it. By the numbers, I think the sleeves and upper body would have been a little too short. So as usual, I followed what felt right and it worked.
I did have a bit of a stop and consider when I got to the top of the sleeves. I wasn't sure how I was going to approach that. Again, I felt that if I followed her instructions implicitly, I would end up with too little room on the shoulders. I did the knit and attach sleeve caps across the fronts and backs all the way up to where the shoulders needed joining. When both the fronts and backs were done, I did a three needle bind off. I considered doing the bind off in the usual way, so the ridge was inside, but I like that little ridgey look. I did it on the outside. Easy peasy and it looks great too.
I kept making the poor fellow try it on. I wouldn't have needed to do that if I was knitting a gansey. I'm comfortable with the fit he would need with those big open sleeves, but this, with its closer and more defined fit, left me feeling unsure. But I think, when you see a picture of him in it, you will agree, it worked out very nice.
So a very good weekends work. Better pictures tomorrow.
On to sweater 2. I'm knitting this one bottom up as well. The pattern shows raglan sleeves, but I may or may not do that. I might do this sleeve again, and give Son2 fitted sleeves. I know the fitted sleeves look great on him, and I am not sure the raglans do. I suppose it isn't a concern on a big broad shouldered guy but...you know me. I will worry till it is done.