Wednesday 3 August 2011

There has been knitting

There has been knitting happening.  Good stuff too.  Lilia Hyrna


These are shots from the purl side, so the colour changes look a little awkward but it is a really pleasing sort of knit. 

I made one small change to the wider red panel.  I was dithering about stitch counts and ended up with a few extra rows of red.  I didn't want to rip back so I decided to make it balanced and just kept on going.  I'm really hoping I don't regret it.

I am about halfway through the last black lace panel and , as usual, I am worrying about running low on yarn.  I really hoped there would be just enough black left to do the bind off with.  A punch of black at the end of the red would be the loveliest way to finish it.  I don't think that is going to happen though.  I will be lucky to get through the black lace panel.  

I have tons of the red lace left so there shouldn't be any problems with the last lace chart.  

I think I am really going to like this shawl. If it is half as nice to wear as it is to knit...no problem.

No comments: